We are calling for volunteers to support the production of the international conference “Play, Perform, Learn, Grow: Bridging Communities, Practices and the World”
PPLG 2019 is taking place in Anatolia College, Thessaloniki, 4-6 October 2019, from 16.00 of Friday 4th to 21.00 of Sunday 6th.
PPLG 2019 will host 186 presenters from 37 countries, who will give presentations, workshops, performances of their work in art, education, therapy, community organizing. We are expecting 250+ overall participants.
Responsibilities and tasks of Volunteers:
- To support presenters during the parallel sessions, each in an allocated room, making sure that the minimum and maximum numbers of participants are met.
- To keep track of the session’s duration and remind the presenters regarding the timely presentation of their work.
- To give technical support to the presenters, if needed (for example, files on room’s computers, projector, skype connections, etc.).
- To give direction to participants regarding rooms, logistics, schedule at the conference venue.
- To be a general reference for participants during the conference, recognizable as PPLG volunteers.
What we offer to Volunteers:
- Free participation in the international PPLG 2019 conference, including access to all workshops, presentations and performances (check the program here: https://pplg.org/creative-program/ ).
- Free lunches and reception dinner.
- Volunteering and participation certificate: a personal certificate will be issued to each Volunteer by the organizers of the conference: Aristotle University, University of Thessaly, East Side Institute, Epineio Institute and Lesvos Solidarity, useful for any academic or professional use.
- Free of charge preparation workshops: we offer to volunteers free theatre, dance and dramatherapy workshops as a form of training, during the month of September, before the production of the conference.
Weekly workshops / training for Volunteers:
The theatre, dance and dramatherapy workshops for Volunteers will be hosted at Aristotle University, Thessaloniki: 4 workshops, once per week. Participation in the workshops is a requisite to be accredited as PPLG 2019 Volunteers: the schedule will be announced at the first meeting, also in conversation with the group.
The opening welcoming/ first workshop for volunteers is taking place on Saturday 31 August 2019 18.00 – 20.00 in the open Theatre next to the Municipality of Thessaloniki:
After that, from 20.00 to 21.00 we will offer a reception with finger food and drinks.
To apply as a Volunteer at PPLG 2019 please fill in the application form by Friday 30th of August 2019, either on this same page, or following this link:
For any questions, feel free to contact us: email@example.com ; +30.6947815524